Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This will be a main dish at my house. Clipped this from Family Circle Mag. October 2007. Uses grilled eggplant, onions and tomatoes. Looks Divine!
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 plum tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 1 eggplant, cut into 1/2 inch slices (1 1/2 lbs)
- 1 large red onion, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 2 Italian sausages (Preferably turkey can be hot or sweet)
- 8 ounces wagon wheel macaroni
- Prepare grill medium hot. Whisk together 4 TBS oil, the vinegar, garlic, oregano, salt & pepper. Set aside.
- Brush tomatoes, eggplant and onion with remaining oil. Pierce sausage several times with small knife. Coat grill with nonstick spray. Grill vegetables and sausages, turning often, 13-15 minutes or until sausage is no longer pink & vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta accoding to package. Drain and place in a bowl.
- Remove vegetables from grill and chop; cut sausages into coins and slice in half. Add all to pasta. Drizzle with dressing and toss. Serve warmor at room temperature.