Prep 5 mins
Cook 9 mins
Want a delicious and healthy gourmet dinner for an easy 5 ingredients?? Then try these! Recipe can easily be doubled, tripled, and totally meant to satisfy a night out at a great restaurant without the crazy bill! Made with 8 1/2 to 9" tortillas: 196.67cals, 7g fat, 26.1g carb, 5.67g fiber per serving (1 pizza)
- 2 whole wheat tortillas
- 2 small red onions, thickly sliced
- 1 -2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 ounce goat cheese
- 1 cup leafy greens, divided (or arugula)
- fresh ground black pepper, if desired
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. On a large, dry, metal baking sheet, place your tortillas in a single layer. Place on center rack of oven and heat for 5 minutes. Remove from heat, flip, and heat again on middle rack for an additional 2 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In the meantime, heat a small non-stick skillet on medium heat. Once hot, add the sliced onions. Toss with tongs for about 2 minutes, until they begin to soften. Add the balsamic vinegar and sauté for an additional 1 to 2 minutes. Turn off heat.
- Evenly divide sautéed onions onto the toasted tortillas. Then crumble the goat cheese (1/2 oz. per pizza) on top. Heat on middle rack of oven for 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Top with fresh mixed greens or arugula and a crack of freshly ground black pepper and serve!
Singing with praise your recipe! Knew we would like this as it does have our favorite ingredients. Picked ours up and ate it like a taco. Used half of a large onion. Thank you esactress for sharing. Made for Spring PAC 2012.
Really good! I used twice the greens (arugula).