Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
From Southern Living, January 1998. Warm leftover cheesecake slices in the microwave 30 seconds before serving. My husband says this is the best cheesecake I have ever made.
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon vanilla, divided
- 2⁄3 cup chopped pistachios
- 4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 (12 ounce) package miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- sweetened whipped cream (optional)
- chocolate shavings
- Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; add 1/3 cup sugar, beating well.
- Gradually add flour, beating at low speed until blended.
- Stir in 1 teaspoon vanilla and pistachios.
- Press into bottom and 1 1/2 inches up sides of a 9-inch springform pan.
- Bake at 350° for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Beat cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer until light and fluffy; gradually add 1 1/2 cups sugar, beating well.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until yellow disappears.
- Stir in remaining 2 teaspoons vanilla. (Do not overmix.).
- Pour half of batter into crust; sprinkle with chocolate morsels to within 3/4 inch of edge.
- Pour in remaining batter, starting at outer edge and working toward center.
- Place cheesecake on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until set.
- Cool on a wire rack 1 hour.
- Serve slightly warm with sweetened whipped cream, if desired.
- Garnish, if desired.
This is so decadent and wonderful! I had planned on having only 1 slice, warm, after letting cool for one 1 hour as suggested. Well Juenessa, I then saw your re-heat directions and thought the only way to fairly review this recipe was to try a slice that had been refrigerated and warmed for 15 seconds in the microwave as well :). This cheesecake is so chocolately and creamy, and the crust..... Just delicious! Thanks so much for sharing, this will be a special occasion cheesescake. Nick's Mom