Recipe by ShanH
This is from Madhur Jaffrey's Quick and Easy Indian Cooking book. I love this warm, hot, or cold stuffed in pita bread. It is so quick and simple and has so much flavor!
Top Review by michellebsalazar
Loved this tuna! My two-yr old even ate it. I thought it would also taste good with red onion. We used half the curry powder and a sprinkle of chili flakes instead of chili so my kids could eat it.
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons vegetable oil (I use olive)
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 (6 ounce) can tuna, drained (use good quality tuna)
- 1 serrano pepper, finely cut into rounds
- 1⁄2 inch gingerroot, finely minced
- 3 tablespoons cilantro, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in medium non stick skillet. Saute onion until clear. Add the garlic, chili and saute for a few minutes.
- Add the tuna and stir to break down.
- Add the curry, cilantro and ginger and heat through.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot as a main dish, warm as a salad, or cold as a tuna salad stuffed into pita, or on crackers.
- I haven't tried it, but I would imagine some mayo or yogurt mixed in would be nice cold.