Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is from Madhur Jaffrey's Quick and Easy Indian Cooking book. I love this warm, hot, or cold stuffed in pita bread. It is so quick and simple and has so much flavor!
- Heat oil in medium non stick skillet. Saute onion until clear. Add the garlic, chili and saute for a few minutes.
- Add the tuna and stir to break down.
- Add the curry, cilantro and ginger and heat through.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot as a main dish, warm as a salad, or cold as a tuna salad stuffed into pita, or on crackers.
- I haven't tried it, but I would imagine some mayo or yogurt mixed in would be nice cold.
Loved this tuna! My two-yr old even ate it. I thought it would also taste good with red onion. We used half the curry powder and a sprinkle of chili flakes instead of chili so my kids could eat it.
I doubled this recipe and it fed six. Very tasty. Thanks!