1/1 Photo of Warm Chilli, Lentil and Pumpkin Salad
Kiwi Kathy's Note:
From the 'Best Food is Made at Home' by Anna Gare.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 kg butternut pumpkin, skinned and chopped in 2 . 5 cm pieces
- 1 chili, red and finely chopped
- 4.92 ml garlic, crushed
- 9.85 ml ginger, fresh and finely chopped
- 29.58 ml peanut oil
- salt and pepper
- 210 g lentils, Le Puy rinsed
- 1 bay leaf
- 1000.0 ml water
- 236.59 ml coriander leaves
- 1 lemon, juice only
- 4.92 ml caster sugar
- salt and pepper
- 1 red onion, small halved and thinly sliced length ways
- 60 ml olive oil, extra virgin
- 1Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- 2Put pumpkin, chilli, ginger, garlic, salt and pepper in a large bowl and stir until well combined. Place on baking tray and spread out to single layer. Bake for 30 minutes or until cooked but the pumpkin is still firm.
- 3Meanwhile put the lentils, bay leaf and a pinch of salt into water and cook for about 20 minutes or until cooked through and soft. Drain.
- 4Combine pumpkin mixture and lentils in a large bowl.
- 5For the dressing whisk the lemon juice, sugar, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Add the onion and set aside until ready to serve.
- 6When ready to serve whisk in the oil.
- 7Just before ready to serve, add the coriander to the pumpkin mixture. Pour over the dressing and serve.
Browse Our Top Pumpkin Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pumpkin Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Warm Chilli, Lentil and Pumpkin Salad
Serving Size: 1 (621 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 371.9
- Calories from Fat 182
- Total Fat 20.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 22.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.2 g
- Sugars 9.0 g
- Protein 7.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: