1/2 Photos of Warm Chicken Sandwiches W/ Mushrooms, Spinach, and Cheese
Shelby Jo's Note:
From Bon Appetit Magazine, January 2009.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 ciabatta rolls, halved horizontally
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided, plus more for drizzling
- whole grain mustard
- 8 ounces Fontina cheese, shredded, divided
- 12 ounces sliced white mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons chopped shallots
- 3 garlic cloves, pressed
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 (5 ounce) bag Baby Spinach
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F
- 2Pull some bread from ciabatta rolls to form slightly hollow centers. Drizzle ciabatta rolls with olive oil. Spread roll bottoms with whole grain mustard. Sprinkle roll bottoms with half of fontina cheese.
- 3Heat 2 tablespoons oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms; saute 4 minutes. Add chopped shallots and pressed garlic; saute 3 minutes. Add chicken; saute 2 minutes to heat through. Transfer to plate. Add 1 tablespoon oil to skillet. Add spinach; saute 2 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Drain.
- 4Spoon chicken mixture, then spinach over roll bottoms. Top with remaining cheese. Cover with roll tops.
- 5Wrap each sandwich tightly in foil. Bake sandwiches until cheese melts, about 20 minutes.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Warm Chicken Sandwiches W/ Mushrooms, Spinach, and Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (265 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 461.1
- Calories from Fat 296
- Total Fat 32.9 g
- Saturated Fat 13.6 g
- Cholesterol 118.3 mg
- Sodium 540.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 35.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: