Soy Chicken With Mushrooms & Spinach
This hearty weekday dinner is based on a recipe featured in the January 2009 issue of "recipes +" magazine. The original recipe called for pork instead of chicken. If you want to make his a little more budget friendly, you could omit the Swiss brown mushrooms, and use 400g button mushrooms instead.
- Ready In:
- 600 g chicken breast fillets, cut into 4 medallions
- 1⁄4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (or lime juice)
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1⁄4 cup coriander, chopped
- 1 tablespoon ginger, grated
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 200 g swiss brown mushrooms, sliced
- 200 g button mushrooms, quartered
- cooking spray
- 80 g baby spinach leaves
- 1 fresh long red chili pepper, finely chopped
- Place chicken in a glass dish. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons of soy sauce; turn to coat. Cover with plastic food wrap. Chill for 15 minutes to marinate.
- Combine remaining soy sauce wih oyster sauce, juice, oil, half the coriander, ginger, garlic, and 2 tablespoons water in a small jug.
- Heat a char grill on high. Add chicken; cook for 4 minutes on each side, or until cooked. Transfer to a plate. Cover with foil and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a large frying panover moderate heat. Spray mushrooms with oil. Add mushrooms to pan; cook and stir for 3 minutes. Add sauce mixture; bring to boil. Add spinach. Cover; cook for 1-2 minutes, shaking pan occasionally, or until spinach wilts. Remove from heat.
- Spoon spinach mixture among serving plates. Top with chicken; sprinkle with the remaining coriander and chilli.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This was delicious! I used the button mushrooms as suggested and the mixture of flavors was perfect. I found it was easier to cook the sauce in a pot instead of a pan. If using dried coriander I would suggest using 2 Tbl. I mixed the coriander and pepper into the sauce before cooking and liked the mixture of flavors. Thanks for a great recipe!Reply