Prep 2 mins
Cook 2 mins
These tomatoes are very easy to make and go especially nicely with steaks, chops and roasts.I think I found it in an old Gourmet magazine.
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons minced garlic
- 6 cups cherry tomatoes, some halved
- fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄3 cup finely shredded fresh basil leaf
- In a large nonstick skillet heat vinegar, oil and garlic over moderate heat until simmering.
- Add tomatoes, pepper and salt to taste.
- Toss until slightly tender and heated through, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Toss tomatoes with shredded basil.
This was a hit with our grilled steaks last night. A guest had requested a cherry tomato salad. I tried this one. He said it wasn't what he had in mind, but better! It's going to be one of those recipes we will be serving at many a barbeque. Glad you posted it.
I made this as a side dish rather than a salad, and I really liked it. Quick, easy, colourful and not too hard on the calories, what's not to like! I didn't have fresh basil, so I used dried and it was still very good. Thanks Normaone.