Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Sam Zien's "Just Cook This!" cooking show on Discovery Health. Similar to other warm cabbage salads listed on Recipe Zaar, but a napa cabbage is used. The ready-bacon is fine, but this would probably be better with pre-cooked regular bacon cut into small pieces.
- 6 ounces honey mustard dressing
- 6 cups finely shredded napa cabbage, about 1 medium head
- 2 ounces ready bacon, diced
- 8 ounces white mushrooms, sliced
- 4 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- Place cabbage in a large bowl with cheese on top. Cook mushrooms in about a tablespoon of olive oil until quite soft. Add bacon.
- Continue to cook both about 3 more minutes until bacon just begins to get a little crispy. Add dressing to pan, being careful as it will splatter, heat through. Pour mushroon-bacon dressing on the cabbage and mix well.
- Season with a little Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper.
Won an evening at Sam's home kitchen at a school auction and he did not disappoint! This was my favorite recipe of the evening, and so easy to make!
Made it for the 1st time when friends came over for dinner. It was a big hit. Could probably lighten up a bit on the amount of dressing but will make again for sure.