Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 mins
This is a twist on the usual spinach salad. It's fast and easy to prepare. You can make it more substansial by adding 3-4 cups of cooked pasta (like rotelle). I prefer to use red peppers in place of the green. Recipe comes from Betty Crocker's "Easy Meatless Dishes".
- 10 ounces fresh spinach, washed
- 15 ounces cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 2⁄3 cup Italian dressing
- 1 1⁄2 cups bell peppers, coarsely chopped (1 large)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄3 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded (2 oz)
- .Remove tough stems from spinach and tear into bite-sized pieces. Place in a large bowl. Add beans and set aside.
- Heat dressing and bell pepper to boiling, then reduce heat. Cook uncovered, for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in garlic powder and pepper.
- Pour heated mixture over spinach and beans. Toss, then sprinkle with mozarella. Serve warm.
I am mad about salad and I loved this - I used silverbeet out of my garden and also diced a left over chicken breast through this - lovely meal on a hot night.