Fresh Apple Pound Cake
photo by sassybee
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- Combine oil, sugar, eggs and vanilla in a mixer.
- In a separate bowl mix together flour, salt, soda and cinnamon.
- Mix until batter is combined.
- Add apples, raisins and nuts (optional).
- Bake at 325 degrees for 60 minutes. (I typically have to increase the temperature to 350 for the last 15 minutes of baking.).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Sorry, but this recipe made a sugary, soggy mess. I don't know what happened! I'm a somewhat experienced cook, and I followed the recipe to the letter, and the "cake" became, at best, kind of a mushy cobbler. And leftovers the next day had a bunch of oil sitting in the bottom. I'm at 6200 feet, but I've done quite a bit of baking with very few problems, and certainly nothing like this. I've double-checked that I followed the recipe to the letter, and frankly, I'm puzzled as to what went wrong....
This is a delicious pound cake which stays fresh for days and improves with age. I used Empire apples and pulverized them in the blender with the oil and eggs rather than finely chopping them. I also added a tsp. of Cardamom to the recipe. I will certainly make it again. Next time, I may increase the spices a by adding ginger, or 1/2 tsp of cloves and/or allspice. It's a good cake to have around. Thanks for sharing!