Recipe by jeep chick
This recipe came from a member of my fitness club.
Top Review by Danni #2
I've already made it twice this summer for bbq's I've been to. Everyone loved it! I tweak a little by just adding all ingredients and putting them into a food processor (for the exception of tomatos) and presto, it's the BEST DIP EVER!!!
- 8 ounces fresh goat cheese, softened
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (or to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh oregano
- 1⁄4 cup pesto sauce (jar or fresh)
- 1⁄2 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 whole wheat baguette, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend goat cheese with garlic, salt, pepper and fresh herbs. You can use any herbs you like and season to taste.
- Spread goat cheese thinly on 8" serving plate or other decorative serving piece. (A large slate tile is a nice change & different).
- Thinly layer the ingredients: pesto, chopped tomato, pine nuts. Sprinkle the cheese over the top.
- Warm in 350 degree oven for 8-10 minutes along side sliced baguettes.
- Garnish with sprigs of fresh herbs and toasted baguette slices.