Recipe by lil'chef_3
This is a recipe my family has been making for years. My father learned this from an elderly Hungarian man when he grew up and it's become a summer staple in our household. There's really no set way to make it, we just kind of pour all the ingredients in.
- 5 bell peppers, chopped (assorted colors)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons vinegar (we use apple cider)
- 1 tablespoon oil (we use canola)
- 1 pinch salt
- ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the peppers and onions together in a bowl.Pour vinegar and oil over. Add pinch of salt and ground pepper to taste.
- Put lid on the bowl and shake vigorously. Allow to refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Shake before serving. Stays preserved well.