Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 12 mins
Serve these biscuits warm with butter and lavender honey. From the California Walnut folks!
Make and share this Walnut Rosemary Biscuits recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, plus additional
- all-purpose flour, for rolling
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter, chilled and cubed
- 3⁄4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1⁄2 cup toasted walnuts, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons lavender honey
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 tablespoon half-and-half cream
- Preheat oven to 450°F
- In food processor bowl, combine 2 cups flour, baking powder and salt. Blend briefly.
- Add chilled butter and process until mealy texture. Add remaining ingredients and blend just until moist.
- Turn dough onto lightly floured surface and knead until dough forms a ball. Do not over-knead or biscuits will become tough!
- Roll dough out to from a rectangle, 3/4 -inch thick. Cut rectangle into 12 pieces. (If making appetizer size biscuits, cut dough into 24 small rectangles.).
- Place biscuits 1 inch apart on baking sheet. Brush tops of biscuits with half and half cream.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown on top. Serve warm. Enjoy!
A lovely addition to our dinner last night. I didn't have lavender honey, so we just used regular, but they were wonderful! I will be making these again. Thank you for sharing Sharon. Becky