- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons dried rubbed sage
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups finely chopped walnuts
- 4 trout fillets
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lemon, quartered lengthwise
- chopped fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Using fork, stir flour, sage, salt and pepper on large plate to blend.
- Whisk eggs in medium bowl.
- Place walnuts on another large plate.
- Sprinkle trout fillets with salt and pepper.
- Dredge trout in flour mixture, then dip in eggs to coat.
- Press both sides of trout in walnuts to coat.
- Melt 1 TBS butter with 1 TBS oil in each of 2 heavy large skillets over medium heat.
- Add 2 trout fillets to each skillet.
- Cook until coating is lightly browned and trout are cooked through, about 5 minutes per side.
- Transfer trout to plates.
- Squeeze 1 lemon wedge over each fillet, sprinkle with parsley, and serve.
- Serves 4.