Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Got this from a very dear friend many years ago. Thanks MaryLou.
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Grease& flour an angel cake pan.
- Spread walnuts over bottom of pan.
- Sift together dry ingredients into a large bowl.
- Add milk, shortning, and vanilla.
- Beat 2 minutes scraping bowl frequently.
- Add eggs.
- Beat 2 minutes more.
- Pour mixture over walnuts in pan.
- Bake 375 degrees 50-60 minutes.
- Walnuts form a topping needs no icing.
- Allow to cool in pan about 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan& cool.