Prep 40 mins
Cook 40 mins
A highly lauded pie from Moody’s Diner, Waldoboro, Maine.
Make and share this Walnut Cream Pie recipe from Food.com.
- 2 (9 inch) pastry for single-crust pie, basic flaky pie pastry (enough for two 9-inch single crust pies)
- 3⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 9 eggs
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1⁄2 cups dark corn syrup
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups chopped walnuts
- Fit rolled out pie pastry into two 9-inch pie plates; trim edges, crimp/flute as desired.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a big bowl, beat the melted margarine, sugar, eggs, flour, salt, vanilla, and corn syrup.
- Beat well, then stir in the milk.
- Spread 1 cup of nuts in each uncooked 9-inch pie shell.
- Pour the batter over the nuts; bake for 30-40 minutes (tent pie crust edges with foil, if start to get too brown).