Recipe by Fisher Nuts
Try this fresh twist on a classic bite-sized Italian appetizer by adding dried, sweetened cranberries and toasted walnuts.
Top Review by DailyInspiration
Absolutely addicting! Oh my, have I found the perfect crostini recipe. How can you go wrong with cranberries, walnuts and gorgonzola cheese. These three ingredients are a match made in heaven. Definitely going into my Best of 2012 cookbook. If you are making this recipe for a gathering -- better have plenty on hand. Made for Fall PAC, 2012.
- 1 small French baguette (12-14 oz.)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup Fisher Chef's Naturals Walnut Halves, chopped
- 1 cup crumbled gorgonzola (4 ounces)
- 1⁄2 cup Fisher Dried Sweetened Cranberries
- 1 tablespoon green onion, with top thinly sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Slice baguette into ¼-inch thick slices (about 16 slices). Arrange bread slices on baking sheet; brush tops with oil. Bake 5 to 7 minutes until golden brown. Remove from oven to cooling rack.
- In medium bowl combine walnuts, cheese, cranberries and onion.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons walnut mixture over toasted bread slices; return to oven. Bake additional 3 to 5 minutes until cheese begins to melt.
- Remove from oven; transfer to serving platter. Serve immediately.