Recipe by evelyn/athens
The lightly sweetened walnut pieces send this simple stir-fry over the top.
Top Review by Kittencal@recipezazz
Great stir-fry Evelyn!, I used apricot jam and increased it to 2 heaping tablespoonfuls. I also added in fresh garlic. DH will enjoy this served with rice for a weekday lunch. thanks, Kitten:)
- 4 chicken breasts, skinless,boneless,cut into 1 1/2 inch chunks
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon apple jelly or 1 tablespoon apricot jam
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger or 1⁄2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger (or to taste)
- vegetable oil
- 3⁄4 cup walnut halves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 2 medium green peppers, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 bunch green onion, cleaned,cut into thirds
Directions See How It's Made
- In medium bowl, combine soy sauce, sherry, cornstarch, jelly.
- Stir in chicken and set aside.
- In a wok or large frying pan, heat 1 tblsp oil.
- Add walnuts and cook until golden, about 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Remove pan from heat, sprinkle nuts with sugar.
- Spoon walnuts onto paper towels to drain.
- Add 1/3 cup oil to hot pan; heat.
- Add green peppers and salt; cook, stirring quickly until tender-crisp, about 3 minutes.
- Spoon peppers into a bowl; set aside.
- Add onions to pan; cook until lightly browned but not burned.
- Add onions to bowl with peppers.
- Now cook the chicken mixture, stirring quickly and frequently, until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Return peppers and onions to pan, stir and heat through.
- Spoon mixture into a warm bowl; sprinkle walnuts over.
- Serve with rice.