Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
If you want to impress people with not only the flavor, but the presentation, this is the cake for you. So,so fancy with not that much effort. Much more beautiful and tasteful than anything you could buy at a bakery!
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 -18 ounce white cake mix
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 6 drops red food coloring
- 8 ounces Cool Whip, thawed
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- Coarsely chop 1/4 cup of the walnuts and set aside. Chop remaining 3/4 cup of walnuts medium-fine.
- As package directs, prepare white cake mix, adding vanilla and the 3/4 cup of walnuts. Bake in two 9-inch layer pans. Cool for 10 minutes and then invent onto wire racks til cooled.
- Fold the food coloring into the Cool Whip. Spread a 1 inch wide ring of topping onto outer edge of each cake layer. Spoon pie filling in center of each layer, using half of pie filling for each layer.
- Place one layer on a serving plate, top with second layer of cake. Spread remaining topping on sides of cake. Sprinkle reserved 1/4 cup coarsely chopped walnuts on top of cake. Chill.