Recipe by Chef MB
This comes from Joe Barkson's World Wide Recipes ezine. It sounds delish, and I can't wait to try it. If you want to check out WWR, where I get tons of great recipes from great people, its www.wwrecipes.com.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup applesauce
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup walnuts or 1 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift the dry ingredients together.
- Combine the egg, applesauce, and melted butter in a bowl and stir to mix well. Add the dry ingredients and stir just until blended.
- Add the nuts and pour into a lightly greased loaf pan.
- Bake in a preheated 350F (180C) oven until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 1 hour.
- Cool on a wire rack before slicing.