Recipe by Shelby Jo
From Taste of Home's Cooking for 2 Magazine, Winter 2006. Sounds like a great breakfast...cute too!
Top Review by weekend cooker
WOW !!! This is ultimate breakfast dish. I used Bisquik, and I used3/4 of a green onion. This also worked out great. We loved the combo of nutmeg, and paprika.This was a hit. Made for 1-2-3 Hit Wonders.
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 3 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons milk, plus
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 green onion
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 4 uncooked breakfast sausage links
- 1⁄4 cup baking mix (like Bisquick)
- 1 egg
- 1 dash ground nutmeg
- 1 dash paprika
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the hash browns in a 7-inch pie plate coated with nonstick cooking spray. in a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, 2 tablespoons milk, onion, salt, and pepper. Spread over potatoes.
- Cut sausage links in half lengthwise; arrange over potatoes in a spoke-like fashion. In a small bowl, whisk the biscuit mix, egg, nutmeg, and remaining milk until smooth; pour between sausages. Sprinkle with paprika. Bake at 400 for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown and filling is bubbly.