Recipe by kzbhansen
You make these on your waffle maker and serve them with ice cream and chocolate sauce. YUM
Top Review by Marg (CaymanDesigns)
I made these as a special treat for my kids on a snow day. They loved them! I felt the chocolate flavor could be a little stronger though. I would suggest increasing the cocoa and decreasing the flour to get a more intense flavor. The batter was easy to work with and the waffle cakes were light and tender. Thanks for sharing!! (Prepared as part of the Cook-a-thon for kzbhansen as she fights breast cancer. Wishing you all the best! HUGS!)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 eggs, seperated
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- vanilla ice cream
- chocolate syrup
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix dry ingredients.
- Beat egg yolks.
- Add milk blend into the flour mixture.
- Add butter and vanilla, beat well.
- Beat whites until stiff, fold into the cake.
- Pour about 1/4 Cup of the batter into a lightly oiled medium hot waffle iron.
- Bake 3-4 minutes.
- Serve with Ice cream and chocolate sauce.
- Makes 13 waffle cakes.