Recipe by Chef 167408
I love this cornbread with ww herbed split pea soup. Makes 12 muffins. 1 serving=3pts or 124 cal. per muffin. Comes from weight watchers cookbook
Top Review by mumoftwo
I made this with some Chili a few weeks ago. It was delicious! I omitted the jalapenos because I wanted my 4 year old to eat them, and he did! It's yummy and quite easy to make.
- 1 1⁄4 cups yellow cornmeal
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons Splenda sugar substitute
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup low-fat buttermilk, plus
- 2 tablespoons low-fat buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 2 -3 teaspoons minced pickled jalapeno chilies
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, mix cornmeal,flour and all dry ingredients.'.
- Next mix in dry ingred. cheese, corn, and jalepeno.
- Mix buttermilk and egg in separate bowl to mix well.
- Add to dry ingredients and mix just until moistened.
- Bake in muffin tin sprayed with Pam at 425 degrees for 20-25 minute.