1/1 Photo of Volcano Potatoes - Too Retro!
This is from an old edition of the Better Homes and Gardens cookbook. Preparation and cooking times are guesses (my mom made these, not me!), and do not include time to cook the potatoes. These would be great for a retro-themed gathering.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees Farenheit.
- 2Whip potatoes with enough hot milk to make light and fluffy, approximately 3/4 cup.
- 3Season with salt and pepper.
- 4Pile into greased 8-inch round baking dish, mounding into a volcano shape.
- 5Make a crater in the center. (My mom would press a one-cup measuring cup about halfway into the potatoes, maybe a little more.).
- 6Whip the cream, and fold in the cheese.
- 7Pour cream and cheese mixture into the crater.
- 8Bake for about 20 minutes, or until lightly browned.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Volcano Potatoes - Too Retro!
Serving Size: 1 (201 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 235.2
- Calories from Fat 105
- Total Fat 11.7 g
- Saturated Fat 7.2 g
- Cholesterol 41.3 mg
- Sodium 89.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 6.6 g