Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is from an old edition of the Better Homes and Gardens cookbook. Preparation and cooking times are guesses (my mom made these, not me!), and do not include time to cook the potatoes. These would be great for a retro-themed gathering.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Farenheit.
- Whip potatoes with enough hot milk to make light and fluffy, approximately 3/4 cup.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Pile into greased 8-inch round baking dish, mounding into a volcano shape.
- Make a crater in the center. (My mom would press a one-cup measuring cup about halfway into the potatoes, maybe a little more.).
- Whip the cream, and fold in the cheese.
- Pour cream and cheese mixture into the crater.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, or until lightly browned.
I added some hot sauce and it was awesome. Love this recipe
I have been looking for this recipe for awhile! A friend told me about it, she remembered it from a childhood cookbook she had that a college room mate stole. She will be so pleased to know I found the exact recipe! Thanks for posting!
I had to try this recipe because of its name. And we love it! The kids now want it every night, and even asked to have the leftovers for breakfast! Served it with Roast Chicken and a salad.