Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
A nice sauce for Penne Pasta. I like to sprinkle on a few slivered sun dried tomatoes and a few pine nuts.
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, chopped fine
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (NOT extra virgin or virgin!)
- 1⁄2 pint heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup vodka
- Saute the garlic and onion in olive oil until translucent.
- Add the tomatoes and spices, simmer for 30 min.
- Just before serving add the vodka and cream.
- Warm but do NOT boil.