Prep 1 hr 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Perfect for those dog days of summer. From "Too Busy To Cook?", Bon Appetit, October 1985
- 2 quarts lime sherbet, softened
- 1 (32 ounce) can pineapple juice
- 1 (32 ounce) bottle carbonated lemon-lime beverage
- 1 1⁄2 cups vodka
- lime slice
- Combine sherbet and juice in blender or processor in batches and mix well. Cover and freeze until firm, 1 hour or overnight.
- Transfer mixture to blender or processor in batches. Add soda and vodka and mix until slushy. Pour into glasses. Garnish with lime slices.
This was really yummy! I reduced the recipe by half, and we thoroughly enjoyed them! The creamy sherbet, the sweetness of the pineapple juice and the airiness of bubbles from the Sprite was terrific! I can't wait to make this for Girl's Night In! Thanks for sharing, Jackie!