photo by dicentra
- Ready In:
- 2 -3 tablespoons butter or 2 -3 tablespoons margarine
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 pinch fresh tarragon
- 1 pinch fresh oregano
- 1 lb sea scallops, cut into 1 inch pieces or 1 lb bay scallop
- 1 pinch paprika
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine
- parsley sprig (garnish) (optional)
- lemon slice (garnish) (optional)
- Melt butter in skillet over medium heat.
- Stir in garlic, tarragon and oregano.
- Add scallops and season with paprika, salt and pepper.
- Squeeze lemon juice over scallops and saute for 5 minutes or until scallops turn opaque.
- Increase heat to medium-high and add sherry cooking until there is almost no liquid in pan.
- Transfer to serving dish.
- Sprinkle with paprika, parsley and lemon slices.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
MmmmmmmmMmmmmmmmm!!! Sooo Good!! We love scallops and this was a great way to serve them. Love the tarragon and oregano combination, a little different. I used sea scallops and cut them up, lemon is one of my favourite flavours and really made this recipe, of course the Sherry helped too, made a nice rich taste. This one will certainly be going in my hard copy, thanks for sharing.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I love cooking and trying different foods, but my favorite cookbooks are now Weight Watchers or low fat/low cal cookbooks as I tend to try and make low fat/low cal recipes. I lost over 90 pounds on Weight Watchers and have maintained for over a year now -- so my cooking/eating habits have changed drastically following my weight loss and to keep it off!</p>