Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
This is a cocoa flavored oatmeal drop cookie.
- 1 cup sifted all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 1⁄4 cups butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 3 cups uncooked rolled oats
- Sift flour, baking soda, salt, and cocoa together; set aside.
- Cream butter with extract; add sugar gradually, beating until fluffy. Add the egg and beat well.
- Alternately add dry ingredients with water, mixing until blended after each addition. Add rolled oats gradually, stirring well.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls 2-inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets. About 15 doz. cookies.
- Bake at 350°F about 12 minutes.
- NOTE: If desired, after addition of rolled oats, mix in any one of the following: 1 cup chopped dark seedless raisins, 6 ounces semisweet chocolate pieces, 1 cup drained, chopped maraschino cherries, or 1/2 cup chopped candied cherries and 1/2 cup chopped candied pineapple.
- CAI Canadian Family Cookbook.