For light, fluffy, faintly sweet dinner rolls, this is the best recipe..and versatile. It can be used to make cinnamon rolls, yeast coffee cakes, loaf bread, and many other uses I will be posting. These rolls freeze well, baked or unbaked. Reheating frozen baked rolls on Defrost microwave setting makes them taste just like they came hot from the oven!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup water (110-115 degrees)
- 2 packages dry yeast or 5 teaspoons dry yeast
- 1/2 cup butter, melted (about 35 seconds microwave on defrost)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 -4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted (see instructions above)
- 1In mixing bowl, add yeast and warm water.
- 2Mix on low about 2 seconds.
- 3Let sit 5 minutes or until foamy.
- 4Add butter, eggs, sugar and salt.
- 5Mix on low about 1 minute or until well mixed.
- 6Add flour, one cup at a time, and mix on low until dough is mixed and soft dough is formed.
- 7After 3 cups of flour have been added, you can turn mixer to medium speed while adding remaining flour.
- 8***Doughwill not be stiff enough to completely pull away from sides of bowl.
- 9Place in greased bowl (I spray with Pam), cover tightly and refrigerate.
- 10For lighter, higher rolls, let dough rest in refrigerator at least 2 days or up to 4 days.
- 11TO FORM ROLLS: Turn dough onto a floured board and roll into a log.
- 12Cut into 24 pieces, Roll each piece in your hands to form a smooth ball.
- 13Place on a greased 13x9-inch baking pan, spray top of rolls with non-stick cooking spray, and cover with a soft cloth.
- 14Let rise about 30 minutes or until doubled in bulk.
- 15Place in unheated oven and turn oven to 375 degrees.
- 16Bake 25-35 minutes or until lightly browned on top.
- 17While hot, brush tops of rolls with melted butter.
- 18NOTE: This can be made into 2 loaves of bread, instead of forming into rolls.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Violet's Refrigerator Roll Recipe
Serving Size: 1 (49 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 153.7
- Calories from Fat 59
- Total Fat 6.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 41.6 mg
- Sodium 147.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 3.2 g