Prep 15 mins
Cook 11 mins
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1⁄2 cup cider vinegar
- 2 cups water
- 3 eggs, well beaten
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine sugar, flour, and lemon zest in a saucepan; stir together until thoroughly blended.
- Add cider vinegar while stirring or whisking constantly; add the water.
- Place over medium heat; bring the mixture to a boil and cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and stir a little of the hot mixture into the eggs; stir the warmed egg mixture into the remaining hot mixture.
- Stir in the butter.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pie shell.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Reduce heat to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Continue baking for 30 minutes more.
- Remove the pie from the oven and let it cool completely before serving.
- (The filling will seem quite liquid, but will firm as the pie cools.)
- This pie has pretty much the same ingredients as the one above, but the method is different and therefore you end up with a slightly different pie.