1 hr 15 mins
This is based on a pie served at our favorite breakfast spot. The lemon curd recipe was taken from Joy of Baking, and the blueberry topping from Martha Stewart. The cheesecake is an amalgamation of several different recipes. You can speed this up by using jarred lemon curd and canned blueberry topping, but the homemade versions are very easy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces cream cheese (lower fat variety works fine)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 9 ounces frozen whipped topping (Cool Whip)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest, finely grated
- 1Blend cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla. Fold in Cool Whip.
- 2Spread mixture in crust. Chill 4 hours or overnight.
- 3For lemon curd, whisk together eggs, sugar, and lemon juice in top of double boiler over simmering water. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture becomes thick, approximately 10 minutes. (It will be the consistency of sour cream.).
- 4Remove from heat and pour through fine mesh strainer to remove lumps. Whisk butter into mixture until butter has melted. Add zest and continue to cool to room temperature. (It's easiest to use curd at room temperature, but it can be stored in refrigerator up to a week, with plastic wrap touching top of curd.).
- 5Spread desired amount of lemon curd over cheesecake and chill 2 hours.
- 6For blueberry topping, combine all ingredients in saucepan over medium-high heat.
- 7Bring to a simmer and cook until berries break down, about 4 minutes. Cool to room temperature. (If making ahead of time, topping will store in refrigerator up to 3 days.).
- 8Spread blueberry topping over lemon curd and chill 2 hours.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Village Inn Blueberry Lemon Pie
Serving Size: 1 (241 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 683.9
- Calories from Fat 323
- Total Fat 35.9 g
- Saturated Fat 20.1 g
- Cholesterol 123.8 mg
- Sodium 373.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 88.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 75.7 g
- Protein 6.2 g