A great smart carb lunch.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice (2 or 3 limes)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons asian fish sauce
- 1/2 small green cabbage, cored and thinly sliced
- 2 medium carrots, cut into matchstick strips
- 1 small onion, cut in half and thinly sliced
- 4 medium boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 bunch fresh mint
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro
- 1/3 cup unsalted dry roasted peanuts, finely chopped
- 1In a large bowl stir together lime juice, sugar, pepper and 2 tbsp of fish sauce. Add cabbage, carrots and onion. Stir until well combined. Let stand covered at room temperature for up to 1 hour or overnight in refrigerator.
- 2Prepare charcoal fire or preheat a gas grill for covered direct grilling over a medium heat.
- 3In a large bowl toss chicken with remaining 2 tbsp of fish sauce. Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes turning chicken occasionally. Remove enough leaves from the bunches of mint and cilantro to measure 1/2 cup each packed loosely, chop. Reserve remainder of mint and cilantro sprigs for garnishing if desired.
- 4Place chicken on a hot grill rack. Close grill and grill until chicken is no longer pink, about 10 to 12 minutes, turning once. Set aside to cool.
- 5When it is cool enough to handle, pull the chicken into long thin strips. Add the chicken, mint and cilantro to the cabbage mixture.
- 6Before serving stir in half of peanuts into salad and use remainder for sprinkling on top.
Browse Our Top Vietnamese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vietnamese-Style Chicken Salad
Serving Size: 1 (310 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 263.2
- Calories from Fat 68
- Total Fat 7.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 68.4 mg
- Sodium 1509.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 9.4 g
- Protein 32.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: