Vietnamese-Style Chicken Salad
- In a large bowl stir together lime juice, sugar, pepper and 2 tbsp of fish sauce. Add cabbage, carrots and onion. Stir until well combined. Let stand covered at room temperature for up to 1 hour or overnight in refrigerator.
- Prepare charcoal fire or preheat a gas grill for covered direct grilling over a medium heat.
- In a large bowl toss chicken with remaining 2 tbsp of fish sauce. Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes turning chicken occasionally. Remove enough leaves from the bunches of mint and cilantro to measure 1/2 cup each packed loosely, chop. Reserve remainder of mint and cilantro sprigs for garnishing if desired.
- Place chicken on a hot grill rack. Close grill and grill until chicken is no longer pink, about 10 to 12 minutes, turning once. Set aside to cool.
- When it is cool enough to handle, pull the chicken into long thin strips. Add the chicken, mint and cilantro to the cabbage mixture.
- Before serving stir in half of peanuts into salad and use remainder for sprinkling on top.