Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
A great smart carb lunch.
Make and share this Vietnamese-Style Chicken Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice (2 or 3 limes)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons asian fish sauce
- 1⁄2 small green cabbage, cored and thinly sliced
- 2 medium carrots, cut into matchstick strips
- 1 small onion, cut in half and thinly sliced
- 4 medium boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 bunch of fresh mint
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro
- 1⁄3 cup unsalted dry roasted peanuts, finely chopped
- In a large bowl stir together lime juice, sugar, pepper and 2 tbsp of fish sauce. Add cabbage, carrots and onion. Stir until well combined. Let stand covered at room temperature for up to 1 hour or overnight in refrigerator.
- Prepare charcoal fire or preheat a gas grill for covered direct grilling over a medium heat.
- In a large bowl toss chicken with remaining 2 tbsp of fish sauce. Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes turning chicken occasionally. Remove enough leaves from the bunches of mint and cilantro to measure 1/2 cup each packed loosely, chop. Reserve remainder of mint and cilantro sprigs for garnishing if desired.
- Place chicken on a hot grill rack. Close grill and grill until chicken is no longer pink, about 10 to 12 minutes, turning once. Set aside to cool.
- When it is cool enough to handle, pull the chicken into long thin strips. Add the chicken, mint and cilantro to the cabbage mixture.
- Before serving stir in half of peanuts into salad and use remainder for sprinkling on top.