Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Asian Diet by Diana My Tran.
- 1 cup long-grain jasmine rice
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- zest of half a lemon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- Wash rice until water runs clear, then drain.
- Mix rice, water, salt, and oil in a nonstick saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Turn heat down to very low, stir gently, cover tightly, and cook until tender, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Add lemon zest and juice and mix lightly with chopsticks or a fork.
- Serve steaming hot with any seafood, meat, or chicken dish.
- Nutrition Information per Serving: 244 calories, 2 g total fat (0.2 g saturated fat), 0 mg cholesterol, 197 mg sodium, 52 g carbohydrates, 2 g dietary fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviewed for ZWT9- a truly delicious and simple way to prepare rice. Lovely delicate lemon flavour that makes a lovely side to almost any Vietnamese dish.
Great technique for making rice and the lemon just pushes it right over the top. I served with chicken but agree with you it would be a fantastic side for salmon or shrimp. Thanks for the post.
What a great recipe, lazyme. The lemon adds a zesty touch to the rice without being overwhelming. I really like Jasmine rice, and this is a great way of preparing it. Made for ZWT #9 (SE Asia-Thailand).