Com Sot Ca Chua - Vietnamese Tomato Rice
I got this recipe from my Husband's family. It's an easy way to jazz up the usual rice. Cook time is estimated, and doesn't take cooking the rice into consideration.
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 small tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 green onion, diced
- salt & pepper, to taste
- Heat Oil over medium heat, add shallots and garlic. Saute until soft.
- Add tomatoes and sugar, cook until thickened.
- Add Rice and stir until completely incorporated.
- Add spring onions, salt & pepper.
- Can garnish with coriander leaves, if desired.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
This was nice and simple to make. I left the tomato mixture seperate from the rice so people could help themselves when it came time to eat. I also cut down the sugar to maybe a teaspoon or so. This was wonderful and I couldn't stop eating it! It was a great way to use the tomatoes from the garden; thanks!