Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is something I adapted from a Nigella recipe book. The original version had chicken in it. One of my friends named it Asian Coleslaw. More hot sauce can be used depending on your taste.
- 1 teaspoon hot chili sauce (sriracha)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup thinly sliced onion
- black pepper
- 16 ounces shredded cabbage
- 2 shredded carrots
- 6 tablespoons fresh mint, coarsely chopped
- Combine first 9 ingredients in small bowl, stir it up and set aside for a half hour.
- Combine remaining ingredients in large bowl.
- Pour small bowl into large bowl and gently mix.
- Taste and add salt and more pepper if needed.
- Garnish with a little extra mint if you like.