Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This makes a lovely summer dinner. I got this recipe from our local paper
- 3 1⁄2 ounces wide rice noodles
- 12 ounces chicken, cooked and shredded
- 2 cups cucumbers, diced
- 2 cups carrots, shrededed
- 1 cup green bell pepper, julienne
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup fish sauce or 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 -2 tablespoon curry paste
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1⁄2 cup peanuts, chopped (optional)
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook noodles for 5 - 8 minutes or until tender; drain. Rinse under cold water; drain.
- Transfer to a large bowl. Add chicken, cucumbers, carrots, peppers and cilantro.
- Dressing: In a small bowl, blend together fish sauce, vinegar, lime juice, curry paste, sugar, garlic and sesame oil.
- Add dressing to noodle mixture, toss to combine. Sprinkle with peanuts of using.
This makes a nice salad, however, the dressing is rather too strongly flavored for me. I was worried about it, so instead of mixing everything together, I prepared one serving with the dressing from the recipe. I like the vegetable mix and the chicken and noodles are fine. When I eat the rest of the salad, I will dilute the dressing with lime juice and maybe some vegetable oil. Of course, everyone is different, but I will use this recipe with a somewhat altered dressing in the future. Thank you for sharing this with us.