Recipe by Sharon123
I would love to be in Austria right now, at a little outdoor cafe, sipping this warm and soothing drink. I usually sub whipped coconut cream instead of the dairy version. From Bon Apetit, 1991 and posted on Epicurious.
Top Review by CHEF GRPA
It's perfectly wonderful and we are delighted that I chose this recipe, a delicious treat this was on a cool night. I cheated a little and used canned whipped cream to top the coffee. We like to Thank you! PRMR 2013....Grpa
- 3⁄4 cup whipping cream or 3⁄4 cup coconut cream
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 12 cups freshly brewed coffee (I use decaf)
- whipped cream
- ground cinnamon
- sugar (optional) or artificial sweetener, of choice
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring 3/4 cup cream to simmer in large saucepan. Reduce heat to low.
- Add chocolate and stir until melted and smooth.
- Gradually whisk in coffee.
- Ladle coffee mixture into cups. Sweeten to your taste, or leave unsweetened(the chocolate sweetens it slightly).
- Top with dollops of whipped cream.
- Sprinkle cream with cinnamon.
- Serve and enjoy!