Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I got this out of one of Paula Deen's cookbooks and my mother asks me to make her a batch every time I come home to visit. I gave her the recipe, but she says if she makes it she has to clean up the dishes!
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 large vidalia onions or 1 large other sweet onion, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) package cornbread mix (Jiffy bread)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄3 cup whole milk
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried dill weed
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Spray 8 inch square bake pan with cooking spray.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter and sauté the onion until tender but not brown, about 3 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and pour into Mixing bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients reserving 1/2 cup of the cheese.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Top with 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes until set and a toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean.