Paula Deen's Cornbread
Alright... I found it. This is *the* cornbread recipe that I'm using from now on. It's incredibly moist, and to quote Paula "so good!" If you don't have self-rising cornmeal, you can use 3/4 cup+3Tbsp cornmeal, and 1 Tbsp baking powder, and 1/2 tsp salt. If you don't have self-rising flour, use 1/2 cup flour, 3/4 tsp baking powder and 1/4 tsp salt.
- Ready In:
- 1 cup self-rising cornmeal
- 1⁄2 cup self-rising flour
- 3⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Pour batter into a greased shallow baking dish.
- Bake for approximately 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This is a great recipe! I use my cast iron corn stick pan or muffin pan. It tastes like my long time "regular" recipe, but it is quicker and less messy since it uses self rising dry ingredients. I also like the fact that it isn't sweet, like so many of the so-called "Southern" recipes for cornbread. Sweet cornbread is good with some things, but overall my family prefers non-sweet. If you do prefer a sweeter version, just add 2 to 4 tablespoons sugar......the sweet version is really good for breakfast with about 1/2 to 1 cup fresh ( or thawed frozen ) blueberries.Reply