This is a very light and yummy salad. I usually eat this salad daily as it's filling and low calorie .. ENJOY:)
- Soak the chickpeas (if they are not canned) in water for 12 hours. If you use canned garbanzo beans then skip this step and step 2 as here in Egypt we buy raw chickpeas.
- Boil the chickpeas in hot water till totally cooked; drain and set aside till it cools down.
- In a big bowl, mix the olive oil, vinegar, cumin, salt and lemon; mix very well.
- Add the chopped onion and garlic; mix thoroughly and set aside for 20 minutes.
- Add the chickpeas; mix well and enjoy :).
- Bon Appetit.