1/1 Photo of Very Tasty Chickpea Salad
1 hr 20 mins
Nelly Egypt's Note:
This is a very light and yummy salad. I usually eat this salad daily as it's filling and low calorie .. ENJOY:)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Soak the chickpeas (if they are not canned) in water for 12 hours. If you use canned garbanzo beans then skip this step and step 2 as here in Egypt we buy raw chickpeas.
- 2Boil the chickpeas in hot water till totally cooked; drain and set aside till it cools down.
- 3In a big bowl, mix the olive oil, vinegar, cumin, salt and lemon; mix very well.
- 4Add the chopped onion and garlic; mix thoroughly and set aside for 20 minutes.
- 5Add the chickpeas; mix well and enjoy :).
- 6Bon Appetit.
Browse Our Top Chickpeas/Garbanzos Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chickpeas/Garbanzos Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Very Tasty Chickpea Salad
Serving Size: 1 (265 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 573.8
- Calories from Fat 270
- Total Fat 30.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 800.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.7 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 13.0 g