Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I found this recipe on allrecipes.com. Good depth of chocolate flavor without being overly sweet.The description on the original recipe said "This is a very rich, custard style chocolate ice cream."
- 177.44 ml sugar
- 236.59 ml milk
- 1.23 ml salt
- 29.58 ml unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 56.69 g semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 473.18 ml heavy cream
- 4.92 ml pure vanilla extract
- Combine sugar, milk, salt and cocoa powder in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly. Bring to a simmer. Place the egg yolks into a small bowl. Gradually stir in about 1/2 cup of the hot liquid and return to saucepan.
- Heat until thickened but do not boil. Remove from the heat and stir in the chopped chocolate until chocolate is melted. Pour into a chilled bowl and refrigerate for about two hours until cold, stirring occasionally.
- When chocolate mixture has completely cooled, stir in the cream, and vanilla extract. Pour into an ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer's directions.