Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Very, Very sweet and nummy!
- 1 quart cherries, pitted
- 1 cup miniature marshmallow
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 egg white, beaten
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup skim milk
- Combine cherries, marshmellows and walnuts.
- Mix egg, flour, sugar and salt.
- Add milk and cook until thick, about 10 to 15 minutes on low heat.
- Pour sauce over cherry mixture and refrigerate.
- Will keep for 4 to 5 days.
- (Bananas and pineapple can be added if salad is to be eaten right away.).
This was a nice way to enjoy the season's cherries, with just the right amount of sweetness. There was something missing, but I can't put my finger on it. I followed the recipe exactly. Next time I might add 1/2t of almond extract and see what that does.