Recipe by Scruffers
This batch makes average size dog biscuits. For smaller biscuits cooking time can be reduced. My Pups just love these. Took some to my friend and even her finicky dog (who usually buries everything) actually liked these!
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup bacon fat
- 1⁄8 cup oil
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup wheat flakes
- 1⁄2 cup wheat germ
- 1 cup oats
- 1⁄4 cup cornmeal
- 1⁄4 cup natural bran
- 3 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour, approx
Directions See How It's Made
- Using mixer with a dough hook, put all ingredients EXCEPT flour into large bowl, and mix well Add flour gradually, until dough is stiff enough to handle and to be able to roll into balls Place lower oven rack ABOVE middle rack Preheat oven to 300°F Roll dough into balls and place on 2 large cookie sheets, flatten slightly with bottom of glass.
- Bake for 90 minutes, turning biscuits over half way through and placing trays on alternate oven racks.
- Lower oven temperature to 225 f for 1-1 1/2 hours.
- Check for doneness occasionally, take one out, let cool, break apart, whole biscuit should be hard and crispy like milkbones are.
- When done, remove from oven, let cool, and store in air tight container.