Recipe by Chef Menel
This recipe is a really basic one that is not quite as sweet as most. That makes it just about perfect for adding the sweet caramels and chocolates many people love to add. (Although my mom prefers it just as it is!)
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 prepared graham cracker crusts
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar (for topping)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- For cheesecake batter: blend cream cheese, eggs and 1 cup sugar together well. Pour half of mixture into each graham crust.
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes and let cool a bit.
- For topping: Cream together sour cream, sugar and vanilla and spread on top of baked cheesecake. Place back into oven for another 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely before slicing.