1/4 Photos of Verry Berry French Toast
The main portion of this recipe was found in the June/July 1996 issue of Taste of Home. I had made it three different ways before everyone in the family was happy with it. I have posted the recipe the way we like it, except i always double the syrup recipe (which can be made ahead, refrigerated and reheated). The original recipe called only for blueberries and a choice of using either honey OR maple syrup in the french toast. The French toast recipe goes together in about 20 minutes and then refrigerates for 8 hours or overnight. It makes for an easy morning when put together the night before.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 slice day-old white bread, crusts removed
- 2 (453.59 g) package cream cheese
- 118.29 ml fresh blueberries or 118.29 ml frozen blueberries
- 118.29 ml fresh raspberries or 118.29 ml frozen raspberries
- 12 eggs
- 473.18 ml milk
- 78.07 ml honey
- 1Cut bread into 1-inch cubes; place half in a greased 13x9x2" baking dish.
- 2Cut cream cheese into 1-inch cubes; scatter over bread.
- 3Top with berries and remaining bread.
- 4In a large bowl, beat eggs.
- 5Add milk and honey; mix well.
- 6Pour over bread mixture.
- 7Cover and chill 8 hours or overnight.
- 8Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking.
- 9Bake, covered, at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- 10Uncover and bake 25-30 minutes longer or until golden and center is set.
- 11For syrup: In saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch; add water.
- 12Bring to boil over medium heat and boil for 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- 13Stir in berries; reduce heat.
- 14Simmer for 8-10 minutes or until blueberries have burst.
- 15Stir in butter until melted.
- 16Serve over french toast.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Verry Berry French Toast
Serving Size: 1 (269 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 618.8
- Calories from Fat 284
- Total Fat 31.6 g
- Saturated Fat 15.8 g
- Cholesterol 353.8 mg
- Sodium 525.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 67.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 42.7 g
- Protein 18.0 g