- 1 (14 ounce) package vermicelli, coils
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons celery seeds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chopped chives
- 1⁄4 cup Italian dressing
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- salt and pepper
- 1 lb shrimp or 1 lb crabmeat, cooked,rinsed,marinated in (optional)
- 1⁄2-1 cup lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook vermicelli in boiling water, stirring constantly.
- Drain and blanch with cold water.
- Add onion, green pepper, parsley, celery seed, chives, oregano, shrimp or crabmeat, if you are adding it and Italian dressing.
- Moisten well with the mayonnaise, adding more if necessary.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.