Recipe by TexasAlaMode
This Mexican Casserole was discovered by my son and his girlfriend on the back of a can of Campbell's Soup. I'm trying to teach our son creative cooking, that would be simple for him when he is finally on his own. This dish was so amazing! Hope you all enjoy this recipe as much as we did.
Top Review by Sandy in Oklahoma
This was so good! The whole family enjoyed it. Your recipe is doubled the recipe on the can and I thought it would be too much so I pretty much followed the can. I used 2 large chicken breasts with bones. After boiling them with herbs, I deboned and deskined them and used some of the broth instead of the water called for in the recipe. I ended up using 6 tortillias, 3/4 cup of broth and 1 1/2 cups of cheese. It turned out excellent!! I had bought the soup by mistake and it has been setting in my pantry for a couple of months. Thanks for giving me the incentive to use it...and giving me a recipe that was a keeper!
- 21 1⁄2 ounces campbell's creamy chicken verde soup
- 1 cup water or 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 -3 cups cooked chicken
- 8 flour tortillas, cut into strips
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven on 375.
- Mix soup, water, garlic and chicken. Stir in tortillas. Spread in 2 quart shallow baking dish. Top with cheese. Cover for 20 minutes.
- Then uncover for the last 10 minutes.
- Note: 1 hr of preparation is because of the time for cooking chicken and the deboning.