Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I like this recipe because its quick, easy and good!
- 1 lb ground venison or 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (10 ounce) can mushroom soup
- 1 (10 ounce) package white mushrooms, slice them up
- 1 medium onion, sliced up
- 1 ounce canola oil
- 1 ounce butter (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb egg noodles, cooked
- In a large frying pan brown the meat, add onions and mushrooms and butter and fry.
- till onions are soft and the mushrooms soften, About 10 minutes on medium.
- Put into a crock pot and add all the rest of the ingred.
- Cook on auto for 2 hours. Add 1 tbs corn starch to thicken and cook for 1/2 hour more.
- Serve over the noodles.
- You can serve over rice for a change.
- You can add red pepper for a little kick.
- You can spice it up using other ingred's.
- in the cabinet for a different taste.
Absoutley delicious. I didn't follow the directions exactly though. As I only had about an hour to cook including prep time. So, I used steak meat and quick fried on each side in a little butter and then took them out and sliced up real small, added the onions and mushrooms to the pan and cooked for a minute, added the steak back to the pan, added creme of mushroom soup salt and pepper and let it simmer a minute or two. I didnt use the oil though. I did add a little bit of milk though as I didnt have alot of sauce. It was delicious. Reminded me alot of beef stroganoff. Will definatley make it again, As I am new to cooking venison and dont know alot of recipes. Thank you for sharing.
Loved this recipe and so did my better half. I didn't have any fresh mushroom , so I used a small can of canned mushrooms. This is a quick easy recipe , reminds me a hamburger helper "beef and noodles"only better. Will definitely be making this again. Thank you from a 'deer hunters ' wife.
Outstanding. Very easy and very tasty.