Recipe by mandagirl
My dad has always been a hunter and this is a stew that my mom would make every year. I make it with beef now and find it to be just as good as the venison.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 lbs venison or 2 lbs beef stew meat
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 stalks celery, cut up
- 3 green peppers, cut up
- 1 (29 ounce) can tomato sauce
- salt (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown meat in olive oil.
- When meat is browned well, add onion, celery and peppers. Stir.
- After 5 minutes add bay leaf and just enough water to cover. Simmer for 15 minutes
- Add tomato sauce and simmer for 1 hour.
- Season to taste with pepper and salt, if needed.